Highly wear resistant tungsten carbide composite rod is also called tungsten carbide brazing rod , cemented carbide composite rod, tungsten carbide electrode and composite rod welding, made of tungsten carbide containing cobalt the hardness is HRA 89-91 , which is naturally crushed. The particles with the same size are selected and mixed with the matrix alloy containing elastic copper, nickel and zinc .tire body metal is Ni and Copper alloy, strength can up to 690Mpa.hardness HB≥160.outer layer of special flux and color of the electrode used to identify the grading size of cemented carbide particles. Therefore ,it is an excellent hard facing material.
WC composite rod has been respected throughout oil drilling, mining and construction industry worldwide, even spreading more and more industries and get greater using. The cemented carbide composite rod has high wear and cutting properties, weldability and low fuming , it is successfully used like stabilizers, reamers, construction drilling, drill pipe joints, pipe cutter blades, hydraulic cutter , scraper , core bit , piling drill, twist drill , milling and grinding shoes , etc.
* surfacing on the workpiece for manufacturing new tools
* surfacing on workpiece for restoring broken parts.
Tungsten carbide composite rod specification
scrap size (mm)
1 large particles are suitable for surfacing of oil pipeline cleaning equipment
2 small particle are suitable for surfacing of large mixer blades
3 smaller particles are suitable for root tree grinding machine
Composite rod sizes
70% YD3 L280mm
70% YD5 L280mm
70% YD3 L450mm
70% YD5 L450mm
70% YD6.5 L450mm
70% YD8 L450mm
70% YD9.5 L450mm
Working condition of Tungsten carbide composite rod
(1) clean the workpiece to expose metallic luster on the surface of the welder.
(2) take the position of flat welding for surfacing. For this purpose, appropriate placemas can be used to control the thickness of the surfacing layer and the thickness limit block can be used.
(3) preheat with neutral flame. Do not touch the surface of the workpiece with the flame core. The distance should be 25mm.
(4) surfacing hard alloy welding layer.Use YD welding electrode for surfacing and use neutral flame (slightly carbonized flame) to move evenly and smoothly on the workpiece surface
Heat the alloy electrode (do not make the flame tip contact the alloy particles) to melt the matrix alloy in the electrode, and then the cemented carbide particles fall together.
Before the molten matrix metal solidifies, the particles are arranged and may be pulled up using an alloy electrode held in the left hand, or another person holding a bottom-electrode or stone
The ink stick as a bar, in a quick manipulation of the particles, so that the arrangement of uniform.The thickness of the surfacing layer is controlled according to the design requirements.
(5)after the workpiece is welded, it shall be placed in an unventilated place, and it shall be cooled slowly and not be chilled rapidly. If available, it can be covered with asbestos blanket.
(6)after the workpiece is cooled to room temperature, the surfacing can be ground to the required size and shape if necessary.
(7)clean up the workpiece and remove all spatter, slag, etc.